Featured Posts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

 I've Been Tagged! Want To Know More..(Plus Home School Room Pics!)

Hey Y'all. To all my readers, I'm sorry I haven't been the vigilant writer/reader for sometime. This year has been extremely busy for me. But all is well. Praise the Lord. Jeanine over at Peel Academy tagged me awhile back with some questions. So without further a due....here it is!


  1. What do you love most about homeschooling? I love seeing the "I get it" look on my children's faces. Its wonderful.
  2. What is your favorite way to socialize? We recently joined a home school co-op. Its fantastic. Besides that were planning on enrolling the boys in home school activities this winter at the YMCA. Oh...and once/twice a year I throw a educational themed party.
  3. What is one of your attributes that only other homeschoolers understand? Knowing my child and there ability. There strengths and weaknesses.
  4. What makes you human (i.e. less then perfect)? Hmm.. I could take a picture but I think some of you would be horrified..just kidding. Housekeeping. Seriously-I go on a streak of keeping my house clean for a few days then it looks like a frat house afterward.The sad part is most of the junk is from me!
  5. What are your strengths? I love reading and learning new things.
  6. What books are you enjoying? Spring's Renewal By Shellie Shepard Gray.
  7. What charitable or social cause would you devote your time to if time was not an issue? My family and I  serve at a shelter each Christmas. If I could I would love to do it twice a month.
  8. What do you want to be when you grow up?... lol Hmm...I've thought about being a pediatric doctor. But by the time I would finished I'd be older then dirt and water.

So after a long winter by the time spring came, I was so tired at looking at our drab home school room that I decided I would liven it up for 2010-2011 school year. So I crawled the Internet looking for great ideas. I found inspiration for our room at  Pottery Barn Kids. 

So for weeks I worked on painting and rearranging. The left pic is the entryway into our transformed room. I loved the look of Pottery Barn Kids-Reading room (picture to the right). I couldn't figure out what to do about artwork. Then a light went on (upstairs!). I could use pictures from the old damage children's books I have laying around. Even though we have replaced them I  still could never bring myself to throwing away books that I've loved reading to my children.

The Midnight Farm by Reeve Lindbergh is my all time favorite book I enjoy reading to my boys. It has such beautiful paintings. If you have ones who are afraid of the dark this is a must-read! Now can you guess what book the picture at the bottom left is from?)



 








I really wanted this jumbo ruler that Pottery Barn Kids had (no longer available). But the price tag was out of my budget. So I thought and said aloud like my three-old "I can do it myself". And I did. See! (Pictures: left- home school room. Right- Pottery Barn Kids) I'll be posting a tutorial and more pics on my new blog sometime in this century (hopefully in the next few weeks along with some other goodies. Stay tuned!)


















Our first year of home school we purchased some big ticket items like the rug pictured (Menards). And this easel by Little Tikes (Americana Wood Make Believe Easel)to go with his toy box (Americana Wood toy box) . They've held up wonderfully. It's funny too because we bought these items when we lived in a two bedroom apartment that was around 780 square feet! Now we've dedicated a spare room for schooling.  Both of these items though are no longer available. The picture to the right is a shot of what you would see when leaving. So that's all folks.Thank you for joining here at The Way We Home School. God Bless.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl


3 comments: on "I've Been Tagged! Want To Know More..(Plus Home School Room Pics!)"

Susan said...

Love the fun room! Thanks for your comment on my blog awhile ago! I really love the ruler. How about an oversized piece of notebook paper that was laminated? The framed pages are a great idea, too. Very creative!

susan

Toyin O. said...

Great looking fun room.

legendswife said...

Thanks for the comments! I will be posting some more pics of the back study area of our school room.

God Bless

Grab A Cup Of Tea & Sit A Spell

Messages are from North Point Community Church.Discussion questions can be found here.